Nowadays if you hear about Digital Marketing , people think of eCommerce, online business, pyramid scheme, affiliate marketing and so on. It’s kind of I can agree on and it’s kind of I can disagree on. Though all of us are fall into that niche, many of us don’t know what to do next after making your first website. Most of the people just love to start but never make it to the end to make money. This is just base on my observation cause many digital marketer are having a misconception about what is Digital marketing all about.
What is digital marketing in layman’s term? Digital Marketing refers to any online marketing efforts or assets that connected to different platform in the internet world. Today , I will just discuss about simple things to know about how can you build your website in fast and efficient way. This 8 Fundamentals will surely help you on how to determine your niche. By the end of this presentation you will be familiar with the key components of brand identity, and you will know how to creates a Unique Selling Proposition ( USP ), and why a USP is so important.
THE IMPORTANCE OF BRANDS – ” A brands is simply a collections of your perceptions or understanding in the mind of the consumer.” ( Paul Feldwick, author of How to think differently about Advertising ). Perception occurs every time a customer encounters a company or organization. These encounters are moments of truth and some are more important than the others. It’s very important for a company to stablish a brand because this will be the distinction of where the business is heading to.
The company’s brand is the most important piece of your foundation in your marketing communication. Without having a permanent brand it’s hard to compete in the market because of the unchanging nature of the business. Essentially brand is the personality that identifies the products, service or the company itself. The brand speaks about company values. The customers wants to see everything, they want to hear, feel, see, and experience before they dive in. Customers had a very curious mindset.
Always keep in mind that brand experience is what customers remembers about a company. It’s what leads to lasting impressions, preferences and performance. Proper branding can result in higher sales of a certain products.
AUDIENCE – Knowing your audience is the central part of how you design your market strategy. Do your market research inside and out, and make sure the demographics you’ve selected are the right ones for your brand and product. Don’t just look on only one demographics that you assumed, try to branch out your niches and look for other products that might interest you in other areas as well.
How about your competitors? Have you been thinking how to evaluate their brand, their brand voice, the types of marketing strategies they use and the messages they bring out in their advertising? What techniques are they using? Are you using the same techniques? Knowing your competitors gives you the advantage in the marketplace. You can pick up for what is work and what is not working then you can develop your input to improve your market. One of the best strategy is knowing your clients personally, what makes them so excited or what makes them fear not to engage? Did you make a research for what is the latest trends in the market that draws their attention? And lastly, make a survey of your demographics, its very important that you will get a lot of engagements like share, comments and likes. This things will really help you to expand your audience. and your business as well.
GOALS AND ANALYTICS – Having define that goals is a fundamental component of any digital analytics measurement plan. When it comes to setting objectives, there are various criteria you can use. We recommend strategic marketing planning through SMART goals, this work best because they cover every important aspect of a successful marketing goals:
- Specific: For one thing, you need to be specific with your goals and ensure that it has a very clear objective; Be specific for the meaning of your goals. Putting a clear picture in the table makes your goal attainable.
- Measurable: In other words, what KPIs will help you understand whether you’ve reached your goals or not. It will enable you whether your efforts actually paid off.
- Achievable: Setting a realistic goal are the best idea. You must set your goal one at a time that the definite results will be seen. When you’re setting your digital marketing objectives, ask yourself if it’s achievable or whether you’re simply setting yourself up for failure. To achieve your goal easily start on the things that you are really familiar with.
- Relevant: How does your digital marketing goals help you to reach your desired business goals? It is very important that every everything should be closely connected because at the end of the day, you are the one that is developing all the strategy needed in order for you to succeed in your business. Your business first and then think of what can digital marketing objectives will help you.
- Time-bound: Giving your objectives a clear deadline tells you when you need to measure your results and benchmark the results against past and future campaigns. This is another highly important practice as it helps you understand how to optimize your future strategies – and objectives – in order to achieve better results with each new campaign.
DOMAIN NAMES – It is important to recognize that your website has a domain name. What is a domain name? It is simply your website name. It the name of your business in the internet. It will become eventually a portfolio piece that you present for your future employer in a job interview or it will become a business venture for you. Thus, we should be careful in choosing a domain name. It should be professional and appropriate.
KEYWORD RESEARCH – A Keyword search looks for words anywhere in the record. It is the word that you type in if you are looking for specific subject in the internet. Google uses those words when you command search.
ONLINE MARKETING – Define as the practice of leveraging web-based channels to spread a message about a company’s brand, products, or services to its potential consumers. The methods and techniques used for online marketing include email, social media, display advertising, search engine optimization, Google AdWords and more.
EMAIL MARKETING – The use of email within your marketing efforts to promote a business’s products and services, as well as incentivize customer loyalty. Email marketing is a form of marketing that can make the customers on your email list aware of new products, discounts, and other services. This form of marketing usually done in a written form.
BUDGETING – Promoting the content to drive your audience to your site. Distributing the content to drive new audience discovery is not free. It’s very important that when you make a serious business, you will also need a monetary support for your business. There are sites that can help us to grow our business to start with if we really don’t have enough budget to sustain our start up business if we are just starting up.
I hope this tips will help you to think if the venture that you are planning are suitable for your business ideas.